The adorable Miss Four Eyes nominated me for a pair of awards a couple of days ago, but I neglected this wonderful honor because I had a series of September 11th posts planned. I’m here now to accept these awards and say, “Wow, thanks!”
I’ll post some nice pictures of the “Inspiring Blog” and “One Lovely Blog” awards on my “About” page. (Because I’m trying to be humble here. . . okay, not really, I just have issues with inserting images, as in, I kinda suck at it. See, and here you all thought I didn’t post a lot of photos because this is a music blog. No, it’s because I’m a bit of a Luddite who refuses to learn how to do some things properly.)
As part of the conditions for these awards, I must tell you seven things you don’t already know about me. I’ll try to keep it clean.
1) I don’t know how to swim. I had lessons as a kid, but was thoroughly traumatized when the instructor ignored my fear of the deep end and just chucked me in.
2) I have never walked out of a movie I paid to see. But I really, really wanted to once.
3) I am a terrible housekeeper. I only clean things when it’s absolutely necessary. Or mold forms. Whichever comes first.
4) I have never been to Catalina Island. In spite of the fact that I live so close, I could practically spit on it.
5) I still own the first piece of clothing I bought with money I earned. I can’t fit into it anymore, but I was so damn proud of that dress that I refuse to get rid of it.
6) I read slash fanfiction whenever I get the chance. Look it up if you don’t already know what it is.
7) I have a slight obsession with socks. They’re my favorite part of any outfit. I own so many pairs, they take up two dresser drawers.
I would also like to pass these awards on to a few of my fellow bloggers. Some of you may have already received these awards, so please feel free to ignore me.
Kira Moore for being generally spectacular and looking great in a wig.
Sword-Chinned Bitch for making me laugh and reminding me that anger can be a good thing sometimes.
Sailor Carrie because she loves animals as much as I do.
Dan because he writes so well and gives me things to ponder.
Amy because she’s a teacher, and they deserve all the awards they can get. Oh, yeah, her blog’s okay, too.
I could have kept going for about a week, but it’s almost time for me to log in to work. Happy day, everyone!